Thursday, June 26, 2008

Flea Market Treasures

Yesterday my friend and I went to the Sale Barn, a flea market held every Wednesday, just south of here. I am beginning to search for items to display for the Christmas Bazaar. Yes, I know it’s only June, but with my hectic schedule I have to start early. Once I get the items complete, I will share their transformations with you. All the containers I found I am planning on putting birds nests in them.













These silver-plated sugar and creamers were a steal. I love anything silver…




I love the design on this teacup and saucer. It has a mother of pearl finish and its neutral color will go anywhere!

This teacup and saucer is covered in violets which remind me somewhat of chintz wear, which I absolutely am in love with, but rarely see in this area.










I have a few more treasures to share, but am having diffuculty loading the pictures so will save them for another time.

To all you fellow flea-marketers, happy hunting and good weather in which to do it! Talk to you all soon,

Kelly

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Welcome to blogging! It looks like you are off to a good start! I hope you find it as much fun as I have!

Glenda said...

Well it looks like Cindy beat me.

Again welcome to blogging. You have a great start so far. If I can help let me know.

Ciao
Glenda

Joyce's Journey said...

Can't wait to see your new finds with birds nests. That sounds so cute!!! Welcome to blogging! I'm relatively new also. You will absolutely love it! Your blog looks great so far!!